Site assessment prerequisites information
To facilitate the on-site activities, it is recommended to provide JPE with all the necessary information about the application for example:
- Control system inventory (hardware) Type
- Control system inventory (software) Type
- When was done the last application backup (for each system) and in which type of support (floppy, tape etc…);
- Existing issues/worries: ….
- Provide some pictures of the various control systems (CPU racks, inside cabinet, engineering station);
- Some kind of architecture drawing of the various control systems.
What should be ready prior the visit will take place
There are some basic information and documents that could be very valuable if will be available prior the visit not only to narrow down the scope of the on-site activities, to be properly prepared for the visit, minimize the time of the visit and the report preparation.
- Current spare parts inventory list;
- Electronic copy of the control system electrical drawings (including architecture & network)
Nice to have
- a sort of log book of the recent system failures,
- list of the installed base per system,
- a recent application backup (if any).